Little Additions to my Family

I'm sure that if you're an animal lover like me... that your animals are just as much a part of your family as anyone else. That's how my animals are. In order for you to get to know me better, I want to take some time to show off my sweet angels, and tell you a few things about them!



Skip:
  • Part Collie mix.
  • We adopted him from the pound, and he has been the BEST dog! 
  • He is so sweet, yet very protective!



Photobucket

Such a handsome puppy :)

Photobucket

He's giving me some lovin!


Sammie:
  • She was one of the originals. 
  • We adopted her from a family who's cat had kittens. 
  • She HAS to be the SWEETEST cat on the planet. 
  • She purrs ALL the time... NO MATTER WHAT! 
  • There is only ONE creature that can make her growl... and that's Mitsy.



Photobucket

Being very beautiful out in the snow!

Photobucket

There are not as many pictures of Sammie because she is not so photogenic... as you can see! 


Mitsy:
  • We adopted her from a family who thought she was just a little too wild for them. 
  • They were not wrong! 
  • She is one of the meanest cats I have ever met. 
  • But, we love her as if she isn't a meanie.



Photobucket

You can just see her meanness in this picture!

Photobucket

She started getting in this basket when she was a baby... and now she's almost grown out of it! 

Photobucket

The sign says it all. 

Photobucket

Her first taste of human food.

Photobucket

"Please please please!"

Photobucket

Don't let this sweet look fool you. She's evil.



At one point, we had five animals total. However, the three that I am going to list below are no longer with us. :'(



Button:
  • She was my sister's cat. 
  • We adopted her when she was too young to be taken away from her mother, but her mother had disappeared. 
  • We bottle fed her and raised her like a human being. 
  • She was a lot like Mitsy in that she would be mean until she got her own way. 
  • She LOVED my sister. 
  • As a family, we went on vacation to Tybee Island and when we came back... she was gone :( 
  • She was a beautiful cat, and we like to think that someone stole her from us.



Photobucket

This is HER basket. Don't mess with her.

Photobucket

:) Sweet girl

Grayson:
  • We rescued Grayson from a very bad situation. 
  • His mother had just given birth to 5 kittens, and the owners of the property were going to get rid (not in a nice way) of ALL of them. 
  • We took them in and found them homes. 
  • Grayson was actually taken in by Kevin. 
  • He rescued two kitties from the litter (Precious and Grayson). 
  • When he moved out of his apartment and back to his parent's house, they couldn't take both of the cats. 
  • So my family took in Grayson. 
  • He was a secret lover. 
  • He would scream and hiss at everyone and everything... until you would be alone with him. Then he was the biggest SNUGGLER! 
  • One day, Grayson was playing outside and decided to cross the street. Well, you probably know how the rest of this story goes. We were devastated.



Photobucket

Grayson participated in my brother's fifth grade "Life Cycle" project. He did a pretty great job! :)

Photobucket

He was so handsome!

Gracie:
  • She was MY kitty. 
  • She was Grayson's sister that I rescued from the litter. 
  • She and I bonded, and I loved her more than I've ever loved an animal. 
  • She was the runt of the litter, and slept more than all the others. 
  • About a week after we lost Grayson, we noticed that Gracie was not moving around as much as normal.
  • For about a week, she progressively got sicker and sicker. 
  • We took her to the vet in hopes that it was just something minor. 
  • It turned out that she had severe kidney failure. 
  • The Vet told us that Gracie had been suffering from bad kidneys all of her life and that there was nothing that we could do at that point. We had to put her down.



Photobucket

This is my lucy bear that I've grown up with. Gracie loved her too :)

Photobucket

Okay... so she liked holding things while resting...

Photobucket

My baby girl.

Photobucket

Such a sweetheart!

Photobucket

Losing Grayson and Gracie within a few weeks of each other was one of the hardest times I have been through so far in my life. I've had to have faith when I didn't want to, and try to see the bright side of things when all I saw was darkness. I will forever love them, and know that wherever animals go after this life that they are happy and playing. :)

So perhaps you think I'm crazy for loving my animals this much... but that's okay! At least you learned something new about me today :)

Photobucket

No comments